To work with the book Never Again A new anthology of poems and readings to mark the centenary of the end of the Great War, 1914-1918 we have created a downloadable Teaching and Learning Resource Pack. This pack includes lesson plans, worksheets and PowerPoint presentations that work alongside the themes within the book.
The resource pack is divided into 3 subject sections – English, History and RE – 16 lesson plans, PowerPoints and worksheets in all. The resource pack retails at £50 but is free when you order 30 or more paperback Never Again books.
Topics covered in the sessions include
- Familiarisation with the context of WW1 and build up to the War – what do children know? Learn key dates, create a timeline events and find out about key figures of WW1.
- Find out why the War started and understand the motivations for soldiers to fight in WW1, the continuing sense of optimism amongst troops and general public
- Explore the battle field and discover how the mood changes as the War continues
- Find out about the injuries sustained by the fighting troops especially ‘shell shock’ and its link to modern PTSD
- An introduction to the theme of conscientious objectors, arguments for and against pacifism and is war ever justifiable
- How the Commonwealth fought together and the roles played by Commonwealth soldiers
- The Great War and the relevance of it’s literature today – link to modern literary and warfare today
Complete the form above to download your FREE taster Lesson Plan, PowerPoint and Worksheet.
Please note – By submitting the form you are giving us permission to contact you with information on our Never Again products.
If I should die, think only this of me:
That there’s some corner of a foreign field
That is for ever England.
For every copy of Never Again sold 5% will go to Walking with the Wounded, a charity set up in 2010 that supports a pathway for vulnerable veterans to re-integrate back into society and sustain their independence. Read more about their work HERE