British Values 7 Posters Bundle
The British Values 7 Posters Bundle contains the following –
- British Values Classroom poster A bright and colourful British Values Key classroom poster showing key messages from our British Values Key books. The poster supports themes from the books and features images and characters that students will see throughout the series. Applying British Values at school and in our country
- British Values Strategy & Progress poster An eye catching British Values Strategy & Progress poster with a pack of stickers. The poster highlights key British Values themes with space for students to add stickers when they’ve Read About, Talked About and Written About them. Perfect to show that British Values are not only being taught in the classroom but progress and understanding is being monitored.
- British Values What is the Rule of Law? poster The Rule of Law is a series of principles or guidelines which help us tell whether our legal system is working correctly or not. Those principles are – Accessibility, Equality before the law, Law not discretion, Exercise of power, Fair trial, Human rights. This poster explains these principles in a clear, concise way.
- British Values Separation of Powers poster This bright and colourful British Values classroom poster describes how the separation of powers is one of the fundamental principles at the heart of our parliamentary democracy. The poster briefly explains what Legislature, Executive and Judiciary mean and how they work together within the separation of powers.
- British Values Democracy in Britain poster The Democracy in Britain British Values poster is a perfect addition to your classroom. The poster picks out the key elements of our British democracy and briefly explains them.
- British Values What is Fake News? poster We hear a lot about fake news these days, but what is it and how can we spot it? Children will find fake news in newspapers, on the television or radio and on social media sites. This informative poster will show your students what to look out for and how to distinguish between fake and real news.
- British Values The Queen poster The Queen poster – to celebrate our Queen’s 65 year reign we produced this beautiful classroom poster. Illustrated by Matthew Rice (Emma Bridgewater) this poster will be a bright and cheerful addition to your classroom. It supports class projects and complements our British Values God Bless The Queen book
Department of Education Guidance
In November 2014 the Department for Education amended guidance to all schools, both independent and state-maintained through a press release.
Whereas previously schools were required to ‘respect’ British values new guidance made clear that all schools have a duty to “actively promote” British Values. As such every school is required to demonstrate a clear strategy for embedding these values and show how their work has been effective in doing so.
Arguably most importantly, schools were advised that Ofsted and the independent inspectorates would now take the work of schools in this area into account during inspections.
Extract from Department for Education Press Release
The Department for Education has today (27 November 2014) published guidance on promoting British values in schools to ensure young people leave school prepared for life in modern Britain.
“…..Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Schools Lord Nash explained the changes were designed to “tighten up the standards on pupil welfare to improve safeguarding, and the standards on spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of pupils to strengthen the barriers to extremism”.
For more details click HERE