Never Again Teaching and Learning Resource Pack: perfect content for English, History and Citizenship sessions
To work with the book Never Again An anthology of poems and readings on the Great War, 1914-1918 we have commissioned a downloadable Teaching and Learning Resource Pack. This pack includes 16 lesson plans, worksheets and PowerPoint presentations that work alongside the themes within the book.
The resource pack is divided into 3 subject sections – English, History and RE – 8 English lesson plans, PowerPoints and worksheets, 4 History lesson plans, PowerPoints and worksheets and 4 RE lesson plans, PowerPoints and worksheets.
The resource pack has been written by a teacher for teachers.
Topics covered in the sessions include
- Familiarisation with the context of WW1 and build up to the War – what do children know? Learn key dates, create a timeline events and find out about key figures of WW1.
- Find out why the War started and understand the motivations for soldiers to fight in WW1, the continuing sense of optimism amongst troops and general public
- Explore the battle field and discover how the mood changes as the War continues
- Find out about the injuries sustained by the fighting troops especially ‘shell shock’ and its link to modern PTSD
- An introduction to the theme of conscientious objectors, arguments for and against pacifism and is war ever justifiable
- How the Commonwealth fought together and the roles played by Commonwealth soldiers
- The Great War and the relevance of it’s literature today – link to modern literary and warfare today
To download a sample Lesson Plan, PowerPoint and Worksheet CLICK HERE